If you are an iPhone user and are seeing a message appear on your screen that reads “TFW data not working”, which means you must be facing some issues with using your mobile data,
TFW is an important thing for your iPhone, and if it isn’t working, this means that you won’t be able to perform a lot of your iPhone functions.
But what does TFW mean and how can we resolve it? You are going to find out about it below.
What Does TFW Mean on the iPhone?
TFW stands for Tracfone Wireless, which is a wireless service provider company. It provides all the services offered by many wireless carriers and provides a lot of network connectivity services for a lot of US-based iPhones.
How to Update TFW Network Issue on iPhone
There can be a lot of reasons why you are getting the TFW error on your iPhone. Some of these reasons include:
- Signal error from the services which work under Tracfone Wireless
- Bugs present in your iPhone
- Improper sim card placement in the sim tray of the iPhone
- Using VPN
Now that you have some idea of why you may be getting these errors,
Fixing TFW Error on iPhone
You can use TFW on your iPhone in the following ways:
1. Restart your iPhone:
Restarting the iPhone can get rid of any bugs that may be the reason for the error. To restart the iPhone:
- Long press the power button of the iPhone until the ‘Slide to Power Off’ slider appears.
- Slide the button and your iPhone will be powered off.
- Wait a few seconds and then long press the power button until you see the iPhone logo.
2. Update Your iPhone:
Most of the problems related to your iPhone can be fixed if you install the latest IOS update on your phone. To install the IOS update, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ App on your iPhone.
- Tap on ‘General’ and and scroll down until you see ‘Software Update’. Click on it.
- If an update is available, click on it and tap ‘Download and Install’.
3. Reinsert the Sim Card:
Sometimes, the sim card isn’t placed correctly in the sim tray of the iPhone and creates issues with tfw. So you need to take out the sim card with the help of an ejector and then again place the sim gently on the sim tray.
4. Turn Off the VPN:
If you have switched on the VPN, turn it off as it can also become the reason for tfw network connectivity.
How to Enable Voice-Over-LTE Using TFW on iPhone?
To enable Voice-Over-LTE on the iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and the ‘Ceular’.
- Tap on ‘Cellular Data Options’ and enable LTE.
- Turn on Voice-Over-LTE for TFW, which will enable you to provide voice service for your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. How to update carrier settings on my iPhone?
To manually update the carrier settings on your iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- First of all, your iPhone network should be connected to wifi or cellular data.
- Go to the iPhone’s Settings→General→About.
- Scroll down to Carrier and install the carrier update if available.
2. How do I activate Tracfone Wireless on my iPhone?
- Go to www.tracfone.com and purchase some minutes.
- Power off your iPhone and replace the sim with a Tracfone Wireless sim.
- When you will power on your iPhone, you will see a Tracfone logo at one corner of your screen.
- The Tracfone Wireless will be activated on your iPhone and you can do calls and messages via this sim.